Instagram is a social networking app to share photos and videos from a smartphone. It has more than 600 million users. Instagram has grown very fast in the last 2 years. However, we spend much time on Instagram these days. But in some cases, you may want to deactivate or delete your Instagram account permanently.
Now everyone can add swipe up in their Instagram stories without 10k followers.
Well, I don’t know why are you moving from your Instagram habit but you are in the right place. In this article, I am writing a way to disable or delete Instagram account permanently.
How to deactivate Instagram Account
If you want to temporarily disable or deactivate your Instagram account then you may do this via the Instagram website. However, There is no option available in the Instagram app regarding this.
1. First of all open Instagram.com in your chrome browser.
2. Now Login into your Instagram account.
3. Navigate to your profile page and tap on “Edit profile“.
4. Select ‘Temporarily disable my account’ at the bottom of the page.
5. A dropdown will be appeared there “Why are you disabling your account?“, So select the reason and enter.
6. Now enter your Instagram password again and Tap on Temporarily disable my account. DONE!
How to delete Instagram account permanently
Now if you really want to delete your Instagram account permanently then thing again because once you delete your Instagram account you can’t recover it again. Make sure you can’t delete your Instagram account within the Instagram app.
1. Let’s open Instagram.com in your browser and login into your account.
2. Now open this link, which takes you to Instagram delete the page.
3. You can see a dropdown here “Why are you deleting your account?“, So select the reason.
4. Now you need to re-enter your Instagram password here.
5. Now select “Permanently delete my account“.